Friday, January 19, 2018

I am, Who I am..



(Post is dedicated to my brother Anand…… lost him in 2005)   

“Invictus” by William Ernest Henley

I thank whatever gods maybe    
for my unconquerable soul…….
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeoning of chance
my head is bloody but unbowed.
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid………
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.


Sums up beautifully, what we become after facing the harsh realities of life……Am sure many more can relate to this. Are u also one of them?

The span of the majority of struggling people’s life has been truly worded here. Life is never a bed of roses…. still, we love life. Treading ahead confidently, learning lessons and laughing at the end of the day.

Folks, it took sixty long years to practically understand the true meaning of this poem. Anybody reading it will definitely comment... “What a dumb wit of a person”

But we are so caught up with the doll drums of life that we just don’t have time to stop n look back or search for answers.


We all face situations, experiences in life which change us for good or break us….. Are you inclined to share it on this platform? I know it is very difficult to open up and come out of your cocoon. Least we can do is to try……..

No comments:

Post a Comment